It’s only fitting that New England Urgent Care celebrated its eighth anniversary on Valentine’s Day. “We love what we do; we love our patients and the community; and, we love our staff,” explains New England Urgent Care Co-founder Yahel Gutman, RN, BSN, CYI, Clinical Director, and Certified Yoga Instructor (YTT-200H).
The staff also shares this sentiment.
Registered Nurse Kathy Williams puts it this way, “I came on board three years ago in April. I truly enjoy how I get to spend one-on-one time with our patients, explaining their discharge information and setting up aftercare, when needed. Most importantly, staff is like family. We’re a real team. I‘m proud and inspired to work with people who really know their stuff.”
Patient Registration Supervisor Paula Cole had been with New England Urgent Care since May of 2012. What started out as a part-time job has turned into a full-time career. “We see an amazing variety of patients — ages, backgrounds and ailments. I honestly don’t think I’ve seen the same scenario twice. Our incredible Provider/RN teams have the experience to treat 99% of the patients who come in without having to send them to the hospital ER. I love that there’s a real hometown, community feel here. Patients see it, too, and know we care about them.”
What began as a single clinic in West Hartford on Valentine’s Day 2001, has grown to a four-clinic system in the greater Hartford area. New England Urgent Care differentiated itself from others from the get-go and is unique in the walk-in medical care industry:
· It is the only center in Connecticut staffed with award-winning Emergency Medicine-trained Provider/RN teams offering the highest level of care in the industry;
· It is the only Certified Urgent Care with multiple locations ensuring the consistency of highest quality of care;
· It has the ability to treat every age group and all non-emergency conditions; and
· If required, can direct-admit patients to many area hospitals, bypassing the ER altogether.
· With added convenience, New England Urgent Care is open later on weekends than most others.
With a business model of ER-quality care, compassion and convenience for its patients, there’s a lot to love about New England Urgent Care.